Saturday, January 8, 2011

Awesome Christmas Gifts

Since I still have no clue where my camera cord is, I thought I would just share some of neat things that found their way under our Christmas tree this year.

Jeremy and I like to encourage a giving heart in our children, so at Christmas time they each get to pick a gift for me and Jeremy.  This year, "Noah" gave me a Kindle!!


I love reading, and reading on a Kindle makes it so much easier to actually sit down and enjoy a book with a handful of kids running around me.  I just finished my first Kindle book too- My Life in France by Julia Child.  It's a lovely book, and I highly recommend it.

Next up on my list of cool Christmas stuff, is this gift from Micaiah:



It's a purse hook!  Mine doesn't look exactly like this, but it's the same style.  If you are like me and have never even seen one of these before, here is what it's for:



It gives you a handy place to hang your handbag when you go out! Brilliant, right?


Now on to this little cutie:


This was not one of my gifts, but what the big man left for Nahshon.  I think this little play kitchen is too stinkin' adorable!  I love that it's wood;no sound effects mean my kids get to use their imagination to the fullest!  It's small, which means it fits perfectly in my living room.  And it's red, so it matches my living room too!  Nahshon also got a large set of mini metal pots and pans, and mini baking accessories to boot!  This set has been played with everyday since Christmas.


I know I'm a little late to the party with this next one, but it's too great not to mention:


Aquadoodle!  My kids are notorious for coloring all over their bodies (they ALL have gone through a phase where they doodle themselves head to toe!), so this is just awesome.  I especially love the fact that since you "paint" on it with water, I never have to worry about markers drying out, crayons getting cracked, and if the water pen gets lost you can just use paint brushes, sponges, or even your hands!

Of course there were many more things under the tree, but these were just a few of my personal favorites.  Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

No comments: