Friday, May 1, 2009

preggy update

Ok, so here's the scoop. I went to the doctor this morning and pretty much nothing has changed in terms of dilation or effacement. Micaiah has however dropped considerably lower. (He was already sitting pretty low at a -2 station a couple weeks ago) When the doc was taking the measurements and checking the baby's position, the shoulders are now sitting where the head was last time. He said this is what's causing my horribly sore hips and upper legs. (and they are SORE!) He also said that there was pretty much no chance I'd be going into labor anytime within the next week, and that things were looking on schedule for my due date. So I'm just going to use this week to get some things done and know that by the time I go see my doc next Friday I'll be one week closer!

The kids are getting very excited, and they all have their own ways of getting ready for the arrival of their new brother. Genna is sort of "nesting" with me. She's cleaning and organizing, and helping me get baby stuff in order. Elijah is my little protector and care giver. He's always getting me water, making sure there are no spills on the floor I could slip on or toys to trip over, offers me his hand when I'm getting up off the floor, etc..... He's just been an absolute gentlemen. Isabella is working on getting Micaiah used to life on the outside. I showed her how he was positioned in my tummy (where his back, feet, knees, etc... are), so now she tickles my tummy where his feet are and pats my tummy where is tush is. She says she's giving him little love spanks! She also talks to him all the time, and tells him all about the happenings around here. Isaac still doesn't really understand and keeps claiming he "has babies in his boobies".

Not too much longer now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending you love!