Saturday, February 13, 2010

A wish for a dog, a fish, and a frog



My kids have been bitten by the "we want pets" bug..... hard!  Genna has her heart set on a small poodle, in the hopes it will be a dog Isaac is not allergic to.  Elijah is convinced a frog is what he needs most in life, and Bella wants a tank full of fish that she can mindlessly babble to for hours on end while they just blow their little fishy bubbles.  I've been a little reluctant to add more fish to our family after I accidentally cooked the last one, but she's been asking for a while and I think she's finally got me worn down.  Elijah doesn't want for much in his life, so when he does ask for something of a reasonable nature, it's hard for us to say no. (especially because it's all he'll think about and talk about for weeks)  After much research, I think I could be persuaded into a couple of African Dwarf Frogs.  The poodle though, will be a little harder.  First, we have to test Isaac as I refuse to bring anything into this house that will cause anyone to be sick.  We would also have to convince daddy, who strongly dislikes little animals. Of all the kids though, Genna is the one that I wouldn't think twice about getting a dog for.  Isaac just informed me today that he wants to have a pet elephant.  I'm pretty sure we're going to say no.

No comments: