Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, I never!

*this picture does not go with this story, but I didn't want to post something about Noah without at least adding a new picture too*


Each baby is different, this I know well.  Having taken care of six babies already though, I have seen a lot.  Tonight however, Noah did something I have never, ever seen a baby do at such a young age.  He laughed.  It was a true, all out, undeniable giggle.  I could hardly believe what I was seeing.

Tonight I went to take a shower after all the other kids had gone to bed, and decided to bring Noah in his moses basket into the bathroom.  As I was getting dressed I noticed he was smiling in his sleep and I stopped to admire him and his beautiful face.  All of a sudden his ear to ear grin erupted into laughter.  I've heard his squawks and squeaks, and I know that this was not that.  I was so stunned I called the girls in from their room to see if he would do it again.  Of course he didn't, but I'm so glad I was the one to witness that awesome moment.  It's so neat that even at baby #7 I can still be amazed by these wonderful gifts from God. 

No comments: