Sunday, September 5, 2010

What have I done?!?



Today while I was shopping at Walmart, Jeremy called me and asked me to pick up a small reward for Genna for all of her hard work around the house/with Noah and doing so well with her math lately. (as you may know, math is not an area of strength for her and she's on a hot streak of 100%'s right now!)  I was looking around for small sets of princess Polly Pockets that Genna has mentioned before, but couldn't find them.  I did however find a small display of Squinkies.  If you have not yet heard of Squinkies, I'm sure you will soon.  They are one of the "HOT" new toys, and I'm guessing they are going to be one of the things that everyone is searching for come Christmas time.  Normally I avoid the "IT" toys like the plague simply because I don't want the stress of driving all over town and scouring the internet in search of their most desired Christmas wish; and since we don't have TV, my kids tend to go through life oblivious to the latest trends.  For whatever reason, I grabbed a small pack of Squinkies in lieu of the Polly Pockets.  I wasn't sure if she'd be into them or not, but Noah was with me and starting to fuss, so that is what I brought home.  Much to my delight, she LOVED it!  I mean, really really LOVED it.  My happiness of choosing a hit toy was quickly overcome with concern when she announced she was going to ask Santa to put some Squinkies in her stocking. Crap. Walmart was already extremely picked over for these toys, most stores online are sold out or selling the items for almost double the price. I'm sending Jeremy back to the store after work tonight, and maybe if I get lucky, I won't have to turn into one of those crazy parents that stalks stock boys.  Note to self: in the future, always wait until January to try out the predicted popular items.

No comments: