Sunday, November 20, 2011

oh, how things have changed

Late last night as I was getting a glass of water, I saw the big box of dishwashing tabs we just purchased from Costco sitting on the counter.  It's a box of 200 dishwashing packs, and when we bought it Jeremy estimated it would last us about 1 1/2 to 2 months.  When I spotted the number 200 on the box last night, I bagan to think back to our first apartment, when it was just me, Jeremy, and baby Gennavieve.  Back then, a box of 200 dishwashing tabs probably would have lasted us nearly a whole year!  That led me to thinking about our laundry; why did it seem like we always had so much laundry to do back then?  It would litterally stretch down the hall- how did that happen with only 3 people?  These days we almost always have two buckets full waiting to be washed, but it doesn't seem so bad considering there are 9 of us. (although we have burned through more than a couple of washers and dryers!) Our little pantry could EASILY hold a month's worth of dry/canned foods.  Today our entire kitchen can only hold about 2 weeks worth of food.  It's rather amusing to me to think back on how things used to be, but of course I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: