Thursday, February 2, 2012

So I've heard

Word is, people who tell others they are trying to lose weight, are more successful. Well, I'm all for success, so that's what this post is about.  I've been at it for a month now, and have already dropped 10 lbs!

My goal: have all my extra weight, from all my pregnancies, gone by Christmas. 

Here's how I plan to do it:

Exercise: My goal is daily, progressive exercise.  I'm shooting for daily workouts, that way when I do miss a workout, it really won't be that big of a deal.  For the entire month of January, I only missed 3 workouts. (1 on Nahshon's birthday, 2 for being too sick to hardly move)  By progressive, I plan for every 10 pounds I lose to add a new element to my workouts.  I started with just cardio on my eliptical, and now that I'm down 10 lbs, I'm going to add a little free weights.  After another 10 lbs, I'll add another element to my routine, etc....

Diet: I don't "diet".  I believe in whole foods, and cutting calories through portion control.  I'm much happier following a french diet and eating foods I love rather than having bowl after bowl of plain steamed broccoli day after day. Crusty bread and olive oil? Yes, please, but just a little! ;)    Since I'm nursing Abigail, I can't cut my calories too much though.

Motivation and Rewards: I'm setting little milestones for myself, and as I reach those, I'll reward myself to help keep myself motivated. First up, a little pampering with a mani/pedi!  Jeremy and I also have a weight loss competition going, and the winner gets............. anything they want!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: