Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just call me Mrs. Doolittle





The first picture is of an injured bat we found on our first day while stopping in Winthrop. (don't worry, we didn't touch it) I should have known, that was a sign of all the animal encounters to come. On our second day we went swimming at Lake Omak, and a little fish decided it liked me and kept swimming around my ankles. It swam so close I could feel it's tail fluttering on me! EEEWWW! Then, back at the lake house some ducks sitting on the neighbors dock decided I must look nice, so they all came over to visit. Then we had some dear hanging around the house. They were in the yard, in the driveway, one even came up to our dock to watch us roast marshmallows. Later that night I was walking into the house from the car and noticed a bat fly past behind me. I picked up my pace, but wasn't quick enough because the bat started flying around my head!!! I screamed and ran into the house, where Jeremy promptly began to laugh at me. The next day during the drive home, a large wasp decided my feet were the perfect place to spend his last moments in life, and then a giant black winged bug with very long antenna decided to hitch a ride on my hand! I enjoy the peace and quiet out there, but I am just not a country girl at heart!

No comments: