Saturday, October 10, 2009

This one is mine

I often post about the silly things the kids (or my husband) do around here, so I figured it was time to share one of my not-so-bright moments.

A few years ago Jeremy and I both had the same car, just different colors. It was a 4 door Mazda 626, one was blue one was green. I remember I was pregnant with Isaac at the time, so I blame at least part of this on preggy brain. One late afternoon Jeremy decided he was going to take Elijah out to the movies and dinner. I decided after the boys had left that I was going to take the girls shopping so they could help me pick out some baby stuff. One little problem though: my purse was in the car that Jeremy had just left in. I called Jeremy and asked him to let me know where he was going to park at the movies so I could drive by and grab my purse. He told me right where he had parked, and the girls and I were off. Jeremy gave me very specific details of where the car was located, and claimed it would be easy for me to find. The girls and I arrived, but could not find the car. We drove around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and........... You get the picture right? I was getting so frustrated I could not find the car, and kept texting Jeremy while he was in the movie. (he was probably equally as frustrated with me!) After a good 30 minutes of driving through the parking lot it dawned on me that I had been looking for the green 626 the whole time, and well, I was the one driving the green 626!!!! He had taken the blue one, which was sitting exactly where he said it would be.

There really isn't much I can say to defend that one. At least I'm married to a man that can make me laugh 'til my sides hurt when he's making fun of me. ♥

No comments: