Saturday, June 27, 2009

Why does my neck hurt, and where is Isaac?

Ever have one of those nights where you are so tired you are dead to the world? That was me last night. I was OUT. Around 7am this morning, I was woken up by the sound of Jeremy asking where Isaac was. I couldn't really concentrate on the question because my neck was hurting so bad. The muscles were so tight and the pain was radiating into my shoulders. I figured I was so tired I must have slept in a funny position and not even realized it. As I became more awake and started going over Jeremy's question in my mind, my hand slid under my pillow and felt a foot. This really didn't even register with me as odd, I guess I'm just used to waking up and feeling random child sized body parts in the bed. Then I slid my other hand under the pillow, and this time felt a head. What in the...... Attached to the foot and the head was a whole child! At some point in the night, Isaac crawled completely under my pillow and curled up into a little ball. I have no idea how or when he got there, but that certainly gives an answer to why my neck was hurting so bad; I was sleeping on a lumpy 2 year old with a light layer of pillow on top! And, just like any parent, Jeremy just grabbed his feet and slid him out, and we all went back to sleep for a couple more hours. :)

No comments: