Monday, March 5, 2012

hospital slumber party


Me and Abby are crashing at Children's Hospital tonight.  This afternoon Jeremy took Micaiah down to the new Swedish Hospital in Everett because Cai woke up screaming and pulling at his ears. (that'd be ear infection #4 for my crew this week) I told Jeremy to just take Abby also because 1.) in case she ends up with an ear infection, we might as well have her ears checked while he's there to save us the trip. and 2.) Abby has a cold and I noticed last night her breathing was rather labored. Turns out Abby has Bronchiolitis, which is a viral infection in the lungs and airways.  They are suctioning her every few hours, and having her wear a nasal cannula; As you can imagine, she just loves having little tubes shoved up her nose. (little miss smarty pants has already figured out how to pop them out, even after the nurse double taped them in place) I'm really hoping she'll be well enough to go home tomorrow, but it's really up in the air at this point.  Unfortunately I'm sick too, but since Abby is still nursing, I'm the better choice to stay with her. Her oxygen levels go up and stay up when I hold her, so I'm doing my best to stay awake and keep her close; hopefully it'll help her recover faster.  Thankfully, I have an awesome brother that lives in Seattle, and he brought me a giant coffee at midnight; thanks Greg!! I'll post an update when I have one. Until then, please keep little Abigail in your thoughts.

No comments: