Friday, June 4, 2010

A wonderful birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, number 27, and what a great birthday it was.  Jeremy let me sleep in late, and I woke up to a clean house and a birthday brunch of french toast, hash browns, fresh strawberries, and apple pomegranate sparkling cider.  Yummy!


A couple months ago I planted flower seeds in the garden, but for a number of reasons, they didn't turn out.  The kids decided to buy me some new seeds, and tomorrow they will be planting them, along with vegetable seeds for me.  They also decided to get me the Topsy Turvy Tomato Tree, and bought a bunch of tomato and basil plants to go in it!! 
I'm very much looking forward to having fresh garden tomatoes this summer. (photo is from the internet, my plants don't have fruit yet)



Jeremy and I have birthdays that are only a few days apart, and we usually celebrate together.  This year my mother in law treated us to dinner at one of our favorite spots, Claim Jumper.
She also stayed at our house and watched the kids so we could enjoy a long awaited date night, bonus! 




Since Claim Jumper is right at the mall, we decided to make a quick stop before we headed over to my parent's house for dessert

Picked up a few new tank tops and a dress because I know I won't be lucky enough to have this cool, rainy weather all summer


My mom made one of my favorite desserts for my birthday, crème brulée! My parents also fulfilled one of our biggest kitchen wish list items:



A shiny red Kitchenaid Stand Mixer! I LOVE it! So far today I've made chocolate chip cookies with it, and blueberry banana bread.  Tomorrow we plan to try a couple of our dough recipes, can't wait!  (this is one of the huge perks of having birthdays so close- awesome shared gifts!!!)


Jeremy also surprised me with a movie


Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Carry Grant.  Honestly, these are two of my favorite classic actors, I have no idea why I've never heard of this movie!  I'm so glad Jeremy found out about it though because it was fabulous!


It was a wonderful, wonderful birthday.  Couldn't have asked for better.

♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: