Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why?


While perusing through the news of the day, I came across an article headline; Elin Nordegren gets $750 million.  It seems disgraced golfer Tiger and his wife have reached an agreement for a divorce. Whatever.  I realize this settlement is not 100% cash based, but she would be set for a hundred lifetimes or more.  While I really don't care about the personal business of these people, I know there are a lot of other people in the world with this level of wealth also.  So my question is, why are there still people who don't have clean water in this world?  I don't begrudge those who do well in life, but it's astounding to me that there are individuals with so much excess while far too many go without the basics in life. To me, there is just no good reason for this to happen. None.

No comments: