Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The votes are in!

The blue team wins again!

Today was my anatomy scan ultrasound, and we found out we are adding another bundle of blue to our crew. The older kids were really hoping for a sister, and it seemed most people thought or hoped it would be another girl. I really didn't know what it was going to be, but I can honestly say that the only thing that matters to me is a healthy baby. Jeremy and I took Genna to the ultrasound today, and my mom watched the other kids. Genna was pretty bummed when the tech said boy, but then her and Jeremy had all of us cracking up with crazy name ideas. He is measuring right on track, and was very wiggly! He was twisting, turning, kicking, hiding his face........ basically getting ready for life with 5 older siblings! FOUR SONS! I cannot believe it. God has been so good to our family, we are very blessed. I'm honestly excited to see what life is going to be like with Isaac, Nahshon, and this little bean. Elijah has such a gentle spirit that he doesn't quite have the same "brotherly" relationship that Isaac and Nahshon are already developing. I can't even imagine though the amount of food it's going to take to feed them; we are going to be Costco members for life!

Now, here is the problem: we don't have a name picked! We had a girl name ready to go, but no boy one. Anyone have any suggestions? Here are the names of our children so far:

Gennavieve Lauraleigh
Elijah David
Isabella Leighana
Isaac Whitley
Nahshon Jeremiah

I guess you could say we kind of have a system for naming our sons. Our boys all have first names from the Bible, and their middle names are given after family members. (David was my grandfather that is passed, Whitley is to honor my dad since he has no sons to carry on his last name, and Jeremiah after my hubby Jeremy) We don't know what the middle name will be for this one, but we are considering Gregory after Jeremy's brother who joined the Marines this past summer. We have about 19 weeks before this little one joins the world, so let us know if you have any good names we can use!



having a baby

2 comments:

Rene' said...

I understand how Genna was feeling. Especially after I heard I was about to have my 4th girl!!! ;o) How about Nathaniel Nolan. Nolan is my Jeremiah's middle name and I just like it so I thought I would throw that in there with the bible name ;o). Nahshon and Nathaniel sounds cool together too! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Anonymous said...

My vote is Michael Fitch Cranson........and I'll call him Mitch Fitch for short. :-)