Wednesday, December 31, 2008

you want me to do what?


Last night Isaac brought me a roll of duct tape and a yellow folder and said "make a house". I stared at him for a moment and said "you want me to make a house with this?". He very seriously replied "yes." ......*stare***blink*blink***stare*...... Certainly this must be something he's done with the older kids so I called Genna in to ask what it was that Isaac wanted exactly, as Isaac is very stubborn and will settle for nothing less that whatever he has dreamed up in his head. Genna said she had no idea what he was asking about. Isaac then took the duct tape from my hands, yanked off a long piece, and handed it over to me. Clearly I was taking too long to get started. I thought for another moment about how I could bend the folder; perhaps make it into a tent? I then decided this was taking way too much thought for something that would certainly be ripped up in an hour, so I rolled it into a tube, slapped the duct tape on and told him it was a telescope. Luckily by this time he had forgotten he wanted a house and was happy as could be. I think he played with it for all of 10 minutes before it was discarded. What did I ever do with all my time before I had kids?
*the picture above has nothing to do with the story above, but I thought it was cute and shows how intensely he works on things

No comments: