Wednesday, July 29, 2009

we like to party...... just not this year

Next week we will be heading to the family lake house in Conconully, and will be celebrating Isaac's 3rd birthday while we are there. Jeremy and I were discussing what still needed to be picked up for his birthday when I made a comment about how glad I was not to have the stress of parties. Then I realized some of you (mainly family) may start to wonder when your string of invites don't start arriving in the mail. (we call it Birthday Season here since the birthdays go August, September, October, December, January, and now May too........ amazing that we managed to get them all in different months!) This year we are going to skip the party hoopla. Parties can be rather stressful, and the girls were getting crazy over the top with their party planning and what they wanted for their birthday parties. (some of you may remember me writing about Bella and how she is constantly planning parties and holidays; it's a non-stop topic of conversation with her.) The kids and I had a chat, and they all decided to skip the friends and family party in exchange for a special birthday celebration on their real birthday with just us. I can not tell you how excited I am about this! Jeremy has got something special planned that he's going to do alone with each of the kids, as do I. Of course this does not mean we will never do a party again, just that this year we're going to take a step back and try something a little different. So don't worry dear loved ones, we still love you! You'll just have to come and visit for the sake of a visit this year instead.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Ohhhh...no wedding cake!?! :-)

tami said...

That is too funny, as I changed the calendar to August I thought just that! 'It's birthday party season!' HA!. I even got the bill to re-up Elijah's magazine. Let me know if he likes and I will do so regardless.