Monday, April 27, 2009

Dear Mr. President


Tonight Genna decided she wanted to write a letter to President Obama. Not really sure what prompted her to want to do this, but I thought it was a great idea. It wasn't a very long letter; she asked how he liked being president and how everything was going. She told him she was getting a new baby brother soon, and said it was cool that he got a new dog. She signed it with her name, age, and a pencil drawing of him. We looked up the address on-line, and she addressed and stamped the envelope herself. She knows that the president is very busy and won't have time to write her back, but I'm glad to see she is paying attention and wanting to "make herself known". We'll be dropping it in the mail tomorrow, so keep an eye on your mailbox Mr. President!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I wrote the President when I was younger and you do get a picture and letter back, I believe. I hope they still do that! :)

Luke Holzmann said...

That's very cool! Hope she gets some sort of response [smile].

~Luke

Mandy said...

She'll get a response back, almost positive. They send a generic letter (usually) back with the President's seal on it ... it's very cool. My friend's daughter did that within the past couple years with President Bush. She kept it and may have even framed it!

That's so cute she wanted to do that!