Saturday, April 18, 2009

Too obedient?

I'm not really sure there is such a thing, but tonight's level of obedience had me in stitches! The kids were helping me get some things organize in my room for our new baby boy. We had cleared out a spot, which I told the kids was for the baby bed. By baby bed, I was referring to the bassinet in the corner of Nahshon's room. It's pretty light, just a little awkward to carry alone, so I asked Genna and Elijah if they could handle bringing it in together. They said it was no problem and went off the Nahshon's room to retrieve the baby bed. When they didn't come back after a while I figure I should go check on them and see if there was a problem. When I got to the door of Nahshon's room, there was Nahshon's crib, wedged into the doorway, and Genna and Elijah were taking it apart!!! I couldn't help but instantly burst into laughter, and although I already knew the answer, I asked them what in the world they were doing. Their sincere response "It was too big to fit through the door, so we're taking it down. You said you wanted us to bring in the baby bed, right?" They had tools spread out on the floor and everything! I guess they were so happy to be helping and know that I have great confidence in their abilities that they didn't even stop to wonder if I was actually asking them to bring in a full size crib. Looking back at the evening now, I understand why Genna suggested we measure the cleared out spot; she was concerned the bed would be too big and get stuck. I thought it was a funny request only because the bassinet really isn't that large, but praised her for anticipating a possible problem and assured her it would fit just fine. I still can't help but laugh every time I think back on that scene, and when I imagine they must have been thinking in their heads about their crazy mother. I sure do love my kids!

No comments: