Thursday, April 22, 2010

The downside of cooking

Did you know there is a downside? Well, there is.  It's small, and a little funny, but it's there.  Lately I have been doing tons of cooking with the kiddos. We've made fresh cinnamon rolls, fancy pastas, fresh bread, gourmet soups, delicious pizzas, super sandwiches, baked sweet treats, ethnic feasts (Mexican, Asian, Italian....), American classics, delux salads, etc... etc... etc.....  Tonight however, I was exhausted.  I kept putting off making dinner in hopes that I would get a wind of energy and be able to whip up something, but it never came.  Finally I just told the kids we would all be eating cereal for dinner.  They looked at me like I had three heads. No joke.  Bella even asked, "is it homemade cereal?"  Nope Bella, it's not even healthy cereal. (Honey Comb for all you wonderers)  I don't know if they were trying to passively aggressively protest or were just starved from waiting for dinner for so long, but after the cereal they proceeded to eat pretty much all the "easy" foods in the house. (bagels, crackers, the rest of the cereal, applesauce, oatmeal.......)  Whatever the reason, I will restore sanity to their lives tomorrow; we'll either be trying out carrot soup (via the Pioneer Woman) or making up our own recipe for Israeli Couscous.  Once again all shall be right in their world.

No comments: