Monday, April 19, 2010

A sad day

We decided to head off to the zoo today (Elijah watched LIFE on the Discovery channel yesterday and couldn't wait to see the Komoto Dragons!), and Genna and I ran into a sad sight: the night exhibit is now closed.  (although if you were to ask Genna, she'd probably say the sad sight was that of the cute furry bunny in the snake habitat waiting to become dinner......yuck!)  I do recall hearing a while back that the day and night exhibits were going to close due to budget constraints, but thought it was a later date and had hoped that perhaps some private donations would come through and save it. I can remember going through the night exhibit when I was in elementary school, and I'm very blue it's no longer going to be there for my kids to enjoy.  We will certainly miss that long dark hall and little night critters.  :(

No comments: