Monday, April 5, 2010

Wow, that's a new one

Over the last few years, I have noticed more and more people using shorthand that is nearly inappropriate for notes being passed in detention, let alone in their on-line communications.  Tonight though, I came across one that left me feeling rather baffled.  I was randomly browing Craigslist when I stumbled upon this little gem:

plaese txt mii at 206-xxx-xxxx to send mii info


Mii? Really?  As in, a Wii Mii? REALLY?  For those of you that may be lost right now, a Mii is a character you can create on your Wii system, and are used in some Wii games.  Like so:


Not only is this not shorthand (the word me is shorter than mii), it's not even something that could be blamed as a typo. Wow. Let us hope this is not the future of America.........

No comments: