Monday, May 10, 2010

a feast fit for a pregnant mama and a chubby baby

I do have pictures to post and everything from yesterday's little celebration, but I haven't plugged in my camera yet so I thought I'd start with telling you all how I was lovingly pampered by my hubby.  Since it was a double celebration involving a pregnant mom and a baby that LOOOOVES to eat, Jeremy planned quite the spread for us.  We started our day with Swedish pancakes served up with warm mixed berries, fresh strawberries, and fresh whipped cream.  Yum!  For lunch my parents and Jeremy's mom came by and we enjoyed a picnic lunch in the sunshine consisting of roast chicken, cowboy caviar and chips, watermelon, sweet corn on the cob, baked beans, and lemonade with raspberries.  Jeremy also made his very first cake, and it was 5 layers tall!  He pureed fresh fruit and mixed it into a white cake mix.  Each layer was a different flavor (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry), in between the layers he put a fresh raspberry puree, and frosted it with fresh whipped cream.  He topped it off with more fresh fruit.  It was so moist, so refreshing, and SO delicious!  Nice job J!  Dinner was the ultimate treat though.  I have mentioned to Jeremy a couple times that I wanted to learn how to make my own pasta.  (being a vegetarian and a lover of Italian food, good pasta is very important to me)  So, Jeremy and the kids gave me this as a mother's day gift:



I know some may think it's taboo to give a mother a kitchen accessory for a mother's day gift, but I happen to think it's great!  With my new pasta machine, Jeremy made my all time favorite dishes: ravioli stuffed with pears and Gorgonzola cheese, topped with a hazelnut cream sauce. OH. MY. GOODNESS. YUM.  With it he served up a recreation of the California Citrus Salad from Claim Jumpers, which is one of my absolute favorite salads. (mixed greens, cranberries, apples, avocado, mandarin oranges, golden raisins, blue cheese, candied walnuts with citrus vinaigrette)  It was a bit too gourmet for the kids, but I sure felt pretty special he went to all that trouble. It was FANTASTIC!  To top the night off, I got to take a nice bath with a bunch of new bath goodies my mom gave me, while Jeremy kept the kids busy so I could relax without interruptions. Lovely.  I have an awesome family.  Hope everyone else's mother's day was as wonderful as mine.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments: