Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finally, a new project picture


This is an apron I made for Jeremy as a birthday gift.  Jeremy is a great cook, and I wanted to do something from the heart for him on his special day, so an apron seemed like just the right thing.  Elijah picked out the fabric, which is a nice heavy, home-decor weight.  It feels almost like canvas, which I think is perfect when making an apron for a man.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, and most importantly, so was Jeremy!  It's already covered with flour, which I consider awesome because that means he's actually using it.  :)  The large blue pocket is divided into 3 different sized pockets.  Genna thought that would be great for when he's working on the grill, that way he'll have a place to keep a meat thermometer or some tongs handy.  It was a little tricky to do "secret sewing", but it was also a lot of fun making something for my love's 30th birthday.  Happy cooking Jeremy!

No comments: