Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Asthma sucks

There really is no nice way to say it. It just plain bites! My poor Isaac has just a simple cold, yet you would think he just ran a marathon and was then punched in the gut the way he's been breathing. He didn't sleep AT ALL last night. He just cried, screamed, and moaned with 10 minute rests every couple hours. I tried to get him to take a bath or shower last night and this morning, but both times he just wanted to lay on the bathroom floor so I just let the water run and the bathroom get nice and steamy for him. Thank goodness he is finally resting somewhat comfortably on my bed right now with his nebulizer mask on. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink since yesterday; he just will not take anything. I had to buy formula for Nahshon today, so I grabbed a box of Popsicles. Isaac looked very interested in the store, but he only took a couple licks and gave up. Luckily I have all the ingredients to make a pot of chicken noodle soup for him tonight. I'm hoping if we cuddle up in bed with a movie I'll be able to get him to eat a bit. My poor baby.

UPDATE: He managed to sleep for 2 hours, and when he woke up he had two Popsicles, half a bowl of soup, and a bubble bath. He's still very sick, but at least he got some food and fluids in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aubrey, I hope and pray that Isaac is feeling better and you are getting some rest. Peace, Stephanie

Rene' said...

Poor guy. Sounds like you may be headed on the up though. Jeremy, Jill and Mattie just came down with bad colds today! Yuck! I guess it comes with learning or something ;o) Haha.