Tuesday, September 2, 2008

cookbook cooking


Tonight we tried two recipes from the new cookbooks I bought. (both recipes were from the Goodness Gracious cookbook) We made the corn chowder and country cheese biscuits, yum! Both recipes were very easy, filling, and good! Genna actually made the corn chowder herself! (I cooked the bacon, but she cut it up and did everything else herself!) My notes on the recipes: put more cheese in the cheese biscuits, and the soup recipe makes about 10 bowls of very hearty soup so you will want to cut in in half if you have a small family and don't want to be eating the same soup for 3 days! (it's an easy recipe to cut in half) It's also a very budget friendly recipe, which is always a plus. Best part is that the kids liked it and it filled them up!

1 comment:

Rene' said...

Would it take you long to type me the recipe on the chowder? Sounds yummy and fun! I could look one up but it's always fun to make what someone else has made. For some reason it motivates me more. ;o)