Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be careful, or you'll catch it too!

The sewing bug that is. I was having tons of contractions the past couple days (always happens when I hit 28 weeks), so I took a break from my quilts to just lay around and rest. Since the sewing machine was sitting quietly, Jeremy decided to try his hand at making some curtains for our living room. We actually took our old curtains down when we painted in August, and never put them back up because we wanted something different. The problem is that despite looking everywhere, we never found anything we both liked at a price we wanted to pay. Jeremy found the perfect fabric at the fabric store, and spent two days making our curtains. He put so much thought into how to cut them based on the print, ironed everything before he sewed to make sure it would come out nice, put a really nice trim on them..... the works. They look fantastic! I'm so proud of him. I can't post pictures yet because he thinks he wants to do one last thing to them, but I will post pics in the next couple days when he finally decides they are finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Way to go Jeremy!! Can't wait to see.