Friday, February 6, 2009

Look Dad, mom's feeling better!

When I was a kid there was a commercial on TV (for some sort of medicine, don't remember what) that would show a mom sick in bed, so dad would take over kid duty. The mom would take the medicine, start feeling much better, come out of her room looking refreshed, only to find her house in complete disarray and the father looking rather sheepish as a child announced "Look dad, mom's feeling better!". That was me today. Yesterday morning I woke up very early very sick. (we've had a stomach flu running through the house. The kids each took turns getting it, so I knew it would hit me sooner or later) I pretty much spent the entire day alternating between my bed and a warm bath. Jeremy was home all day, so I didn't even think twice about the kids. I woke up early this morning and was feeling like I was actually ready to eat, and walked to the kitchen completely shocked at what I saw. HOW? How is it possible for them to make this much of a mess in just one day? What in the world did they do all day???? I'm tired enough today just recovering from yesterday, I really didn't want to wake up to find my house in need of a complete scrubbing. UGH! As a side note about the flu: the flu is horrible at any time, but is even worse when pregnant. You know that lovely "just been beaten with a baseball bat" feeling you get with the flu? Pairing that up with internal kicking, punching, and squirming makes for a very long and painful day. I'm just glad it passed in only one day, now I'm off to clean.......

No comments: