Friday, February 13, 2009

Learning to sew


I used clothes pins to hold the fabric together so she wouldn't have to worry about straight pins


the shell of the pillow



Let the stuffing begin!


Stitching the top closed



TADA! All finished!


On our first trip to the fabric store to pick out the majority of the fabric for the girl's quilts, I could just see the creativity wheels spinning at full speed in Genna's head. I told her to walk along the wall and pick out her favorite fabric quarter, and we would do a craft with it. I really didn't have anything in mind when I told her to pick it out, but later decided she was old enough to learn to hand sew. She was a little nervous with the needle at first, but she did a great job and ended up really enjoying herself. I'm very proud of her, and she can't wait to get some more fabric and do some more projects!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great mommy moment! Nothing like teaching your daughter to sew. Hey, sorry we kept getting interrupted yesterday. Nothing like 60+ kids to get in the way of a good adult conversation. We're going to need to connect one of these days - in a non-cyber way that it!