Saturday, February 28, 2009

boys boys boys

I've read all those little forwards on the internet about what it's like to have sons, and always thought they were just funny exaggerations of the joys of raising boys. WRONG. I guess I got a gentle introduction to the world of boys with Elijah, because he is not your stereotypical boy. He's gentle, sensitive, quiet, and thoughtful. Isaac on the other hand, is not. Twice in the past month he has set something on fire in the microwave, and watched in amazement then innocently asked "what happened?" when I frantically pulled him away and yanked the plug from the wall. Today he decided he wanted to play outside when everyone was supposed to be having a quiet rest time; so he hopped out his bedroom window and went about his business playing. Simply saying I love you always turns in to a contest of who can say it the loudest. (and if he thinks he's losing he'll tell you to be quiet because "the baby is sleeping") When we were at the fabric store a few weeks ago, Jeremy and I looked down the aisle and saw Isaac behind one of the little shopping carts they have there very very slowly creeping up on a lady. I don't know if he just wanted to get close and see her without her noticing him, but it looked more like he was going to try to run her down at .02 mph. Nahshon doesn't seem to be too far behind on the action. He already loves to wrestle, and will chase Isaac around trying to bite him. (he only tries to bite Isaac though, no one else) I can only imagine what life is going to be like with Isaac, Nahshon, and Micaiah running around! I must say though, I'm extremely grateful God has given me such a good sense of humor when it comes to my kids. Without that, I think I would have lost my sanity long ago.

No comments: