Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas gift review


Since I'm STILL looking for my camera cord to download Christmas pics, I thought in the meantime I would post a review of one of gifts Elijah got. Jeremy and I have a sort of a system when buying Christmas gifts for the kids. They get something they want, need, wear, and read. (and 1 gift from the big man of course) This cuts down on spending, unneeded junk, and makes them think long and hard about what they really want. As well as makes us be very selective in what we buy because we don't want to buy them something with a big wow factor that's going to sizzle out after 2 days. Somehow I came across something out there in internet world that was talking about this product, Snap Circuits. It sounded very interesting, and when I found it had great reviews on Amazon and free shipping, I knew that's what I was going to get for Elijah this year. I ordered him the SC 300 kit, and it is hands down awesome! It's educational and entertaining. Elijah absolutely loves it, and it's fun for Jeremy to do with him, which makes it even better. The product says it's for ages 8 and up, but even Isaac likes to help, so I think with supervision, little engineers will have fun with it too. Elijah has had no problems following the instruction manual (it comes with a manual that has 300 projects) and building creations all on his own, and the other kids are always very excited to see what he built. So far he has built a light switch, an AM radio, a speaker system, an alarm, a fan, and a number of combinations of these. We will definitely be adding on to this kit, and I think our next one will be the RC Rover. If you have a young one that like to build things and put things together, I highly recommend the Snap Circuit systems.

No comments: