Thursday, October 9, 2008

always in the right place







Elijah may be a bit slower than other kids, but one thing is for certain, he has a good heart. He's always been a "you get what you get" kind of guy. He doesn't know how to hide or fake emotions. When he's happy, you know it. When he's sad or angry, it's pretty easy to tell that too. It's a quality that I've really come to admire in him. Today I told him that next Saturday we were going to have a family dinner party to celebrate his birthday and Aunt Julie's birthday. (my mom's sister) Elijah got so excited and said "I get a party with my best friend Aunt Julie!?!?!!!" It's funny because Julie lives in Oregon so we only get to see her a few times a year, but in Elijah's world once you are his friend, you are automatically upgraded to best friend, and he will be your friend for life.

No comments: