Monday, October 13, 2008

Have I ever said no?

During weekdays, breakfast is kind of a free for all around here. The children all wake up at different times and all prefer to eat different things for breakfast, so it just works out for the best that everyone gets their own. Genna usually has a bowl of cereal or oatmeal and some yogurt, Elijah nearly always starts the day with a fresh apple and then has some toast and jam a bit later, Bella likes toaster waffles, and Isaac eats whatever he is handed. Almost every single morning though, each child comes to me after they wake up to ask if they can eat breakfast. Really, almost EVERY SINGLE MORNING! Even if I'm in the shower they will pound on the door and ask if they can eat! I have never told these children that they weren't allowed to eat breakfast, and I rarely say no to them if they ask to eat at any time of the day. (the only times I do say no is if dinner is almost ready or we are about to go out to eat) I do appreciate that they are trying to use their manners and are asking before getting into stuff, but it still strikes me as odd that they continue to ask even when I tell them they don't have too. Kids are so funny sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY hear ya on this one! It sounds just like the Reiniger house! Ethan is still asking after 11 years of yeses.