Monday, March 23, 2009

modified bed rest, modified

Most importantly, I want to say thanks to all those who have been praying, sending words of encouragement, and offers to help; I really appreciate it! Unfortunately it became crystal clear this weekend that "modified" bed rest was not going to work for me. As soon as I was up and about for even 10 minutes, I was right back to where I started. I saw my doctor this morning, and he said for the next 3 weeks I'm allowed to get up to take a shower and go to the bathroom, and that's it. No cleaning. No cooking. Absolutely nothing that looks or sounds like fun. Boo! What a kill joy. (I'm only kidding! I want what is best for the baby) Jeremy knows that I'm very stubborn though, so he's keeping a close eye on me to make sure I follow orders. It's very hard because after laying around all day I feel fine, and I feel like I should be able to get up and go about my life as usual. As soon as I do though, my body starts screaming at me to sit back down. I have also come to realize it's very hard to sleep when you have not done anything all day. Life gets boring mighty fast when you're stuck laying down all the time. The kids are being super champs about it all though. God has given them an amazing understanding of why it's so important for me to rest and give the baby more time to grow before he's born. They are all more than happy to help and adjust their lives to make sure their little brother will be born healthy and strong. I'm sure that in 3 weeks when all the restrictions are finally lifted and I can do whatever I want again, all these labor symptoms will stop and he'll end up being born a week late. haha! Oh well, I'll just use this as a good opportunity to get some quality snuggle time in with all the kids before the new little man arrives. Wish me luck that I don't lose my mind!

No comments: