Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What in the world is going on?

Does anyone else feel that way about our country? (perhaps I should say our whole world?) Jeremy and I both read a lot of news online, and for the past couple months I find myself in complete disgusted shock nearly every time I read the latest headlines. I realize a good amount of this is directly related to the change of power in the USA, and there will be issues regardless of who was elected office. However, I am sooooo tired of the blame game going on. If all the politicians would kindly step out of their mud pits and return to their desks, perhaps a few things might actually get done. I want to make it clear, that I'm talking about BOTH sides of the aisle here. My conservative moral and social views align me more with the Republican party, but I think both parties are being equally petty right now. Also, what is with all the "It's not my fault, I didn't do it!" garbage? I got my first job when I was 15, and it was drilled into my head that when discussing a problem with a customer we were NEVER to use those phrases. Not my fault. Not my job. I didn't do that. Someone else is supposed to take care of that. To all those in positions of power that are throwing around blame-shifting excuses, GET OVER YOURSELF! (I'm not just talking about the President's recent statements either, it seems like everyone in politics is doing that) It does not matter who did what or who's job it is or was supposed to be, all that matters is doing what needs to be done to make the situation right. This is true regardless if it's a poorly prepared meal at a restaurant or a poorly put together budget for our country. We can point fingers and place blame later, first we need to fix what is wrong. I really hope they will all pull themselves together sooner rather than later, for the sake of all of us.

No comments: