Friday, November 28, 2008

Baking day #3

We actually made these a few days ago, but I never got around to putting up pics!


As I kid I always loved the Hershey Kiss cookies, but I've never made them. I thought the kids might really like them, but was disappointed when I learned they are made with peanut butter. So, I decided to try them with a shortbread cookie, with a little twist. I used the same recipe as the Russian Tea Cookies below, but after I rolled them in balls and flattened them, I dipped them in some vanilla bean sugar. I let them bake for about 10 minutes, pressed in the kiss, then put them in for another couple minutes. It's been so long since I've had the traditional kiss cookies that I can't really compare, but I'm happy with the way these turned out and the fact that they are egg and peanut free is even better!








No comments: