Saturday, November 1, 2008

that's one way of making cereal I guess

The other morning while I was in the shower Isaac decided he was in the mood for a bowl of raisin bran. First, when I take a shower, 99.99% of the time the kids keep themselves busy and out of trouble. They know it's in their best interest to let mom get cleaned up before starting the day. I also leave the bathroom door in case anyone needs anything. This particular morning though, I guess Isaac wanted to be a big boy and get himself some cereal without asking anyone for any help. The first problem was that he couldn't reach a bowl, so he did the logical next best thing, he poured it out on the floor. If the cereal is in a heap on the floor, it only makes sense to pour the milk right on top because really, where else would it go? Once you have cereal and milk on the floor, you might as well just go all the way and forgo the formality of a spoon. I come out of the shower to find Isaac and Nahshon on all fours on the floor eating up cereal like little puppy dogs. Nahshon was even lapping up the milk with his tongue. It was in that moment that I sighed and was thankful I mopped the floor the night before.

2 comments:

Rene' said...

Oh! that is so great! And truly it is BECAUSE you did mop the floor that it made sense! What a sight, I can picture it vividly. I love the journaling of your kids Aubrey. It is really neat!

Anonymous said...

What a priceless memory. It had me laughing!!