Saturday, November 22, 2008

my kids think I'm crazy




I had to do some grocery shopping, but I HATE HATE HATE shopping on the weekends alone with all the kids in tow. (weekends before holidays are even worse) Jeremy's schedule is packed this weekend, so we agreed to go grocery shopping together with all the kids early in the morning and we would take separate cars so he could leave straight to work. Isaac had a bad dream and woke me up at 4:30am, and wasn't settled until 5:30am. By then I had been up so long and knew I had to get up in less than an hour so I decided to just start my day. I went up the street to grab donuts and orange juice to surprise everyone for breakfast. When I got back it was 6:30 and time for everyone to get up. The kids came out rubbing their eyes and asking why I was making them eat donuts in the middle of the night! My kids don't usually get up until 9:30, getting up before the sun is unheard of to them. They were certainly happy to get their chocolate glazed donuts with sprinkles, but they have been talking all day with a mix of amusement and bewilderment as to what in the world their crazy mother was thinking. You would think with Jeremy as their father they would be used to this kind of stuff, but I guess it just threw them off way too much having mom mix up their lives like that.

No comments: