Saturday, November 1, 2008

Expelled


I've been wanting to see this movie since I first heard about it, and last night Jeremy rented it for us. I'm going to hold my comments on the movie for now because I first want to encourage anyone that has not seen it, to please watch. It's available at RedBox, and it's an excellent value for the .99 rental fee. I also want to say, no matter which side of the wall you stand on, watch this with an open mind. I really do mean that for BOTH SIDES of this argument. When our faith in a particular theory is strong, it can be easy for us to dismiss other theories and the people who believe them with titles like ignorant, crazy, an insult to all......... Watch it, think about it, watch it again, then lets talk! I'll post my thoughts and comments on this in about a week.

4 comments:

Rene' said...

I will reserve it, if I can, first thing in the morning and see if I can get it and pick it up after church. We have been wanting to see this for a LONG time too. I keep forgetting about it. Thanks for posting. I will look forward to the conversation!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I visited your blog last night and saw this. Kiernon and I immediately went to Netflix to add it to our list and found we could watch it instantly! So, we watched it right away and are so glad we did! This one deserves a really good long discussion. I can't wait to read your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Had planned on seeing this with Willie but he ended up going with the youth group (fantastic movie for our teens!) and I got to take Ashley. Although it was above her level at times, the general impression and exposure is priceless. Glad you got to see it!

Rene' said...

Just watched it tonight! Thanks Aubrey. I look forward to your comments and I will wait to comment with you.