Thursday, November 6, 2008

a little incentive is always good

A couple days ago I was with Bella in a store and she asked if we could look at Christmas stockings. I found one that I thought was kind of amusing, and showed it to Bella. The stocking had little pockets all down the front, and a felt candy cane tied to it with a ribbon that could be placed in the pockets. Each pocket said something to the affect of:

super good

mostly good

good on occasion

a little naughty

really naughty

leave coal


I told Bella what each said and explained that on Christmas you are supposed to put the candy cane in the pocket that shows how you have been behaving so Santa knows what to leave for you. She looked up at me with her big beautiful eyes and a tiny hint of worry in her voice and said "Do I have to get that stocking?" ahahaha! I suppose having a little reminder around might not be such a bad thing............

No comments: