Saturday, January 10, 2009

Genna my gem


Genna is one of those kids that is just a joy. She is sunshine and rainbows all the time. She's kind, obedient, and helpful. It really takes a lot to "push her over the edge" so to speak, but when it happens, she does a drastic 180. It's honestly more comical than anything because she turns into such a different person that we rarely see. I'm telling you all this so that those of you that don't know Genna well, can understand what her true nature is before I share this next story, and that this isn't typical behavior (or language) for her.


About a year ago, Genna woke up in the middle of the night. I don't recall exactly what it was that woke her, but I set her up on the couch with a movie to help her settle back down. Isaac was about 1 1/2 at the time, and had a bad cold. He woke up coughing and couldn't get back to sleep, so I set him up on the couch to watch the movie with Genna. (Isaac has always been a big boy, and sometimes trying to carry him is more like trying to carry a wiggly bull dog rather than a toddler) About 30 minutes after they were both out watching the movie, Genna comes in carrying Isaac, heaves him up onto our bed, and says "THIS FREAKING CRAP JUST BIT ME!" I was so shocked by what just came out of her mouth that I couldn't hold myself together for even a second to ask if she was OK, it was just too hysterical coming out of my sweet little Genna. When she woke up the next morning she was right back to being sunshine and rainbows, and didn't even remember what happened just a few hours earlier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job remembering these "kid" moments. That is too funny!

Luke Holzmann said...

!

[laughing]

~Luke

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's hysterical! Belongs in Reader's Digest or something. Thanks for sharing.