Monday, January 12, 2009

Maybe he should go away more often after all.........

By some amazing miracle, every single item of dirty laundry has been washed! For those of you that don't know what a big deal this is, let me tell you, it's HUGE! Laundry has always been a trouble area for us. (even before we got married, we had trouble keeping up with our own laundry, so combining the problem made for a disastrous situation) Although I wash laundry frequently, the problem comes with the sorting and putting away. Often the clothes never make it out of the laundry baskets, and the baskets just get tossed into rooms. Then the laundry gets spilled out, dirty clothes get mixed in, we can't remember what is clean and what is dirty, so the whole basket has to get rewashed, and before you know, there is a backup a mile high. Despite being snowed in for almost 3 weeks, we had an obscene amount of laundry back-up. Everything going on in addition to Jeremy leaving gave us the motivation to kick laundry butt and we actually got every last little thing washed, sorted, and PUT AWAY!!!! We also got some things organized that we had been putting off, Jeremy scrubbed my car clean for me and made sure everything was in working order so I won't have any problems while he is gone, stocked up on food and other necessities so I won't have to worry about making emergency trips to the grocery store, and just basically got everything cleaned and in order. I cannot remember the last time I felt this organized! It's WONDERFUL!!!!!! Now as long as I can make it through the next few weeks without losing my sanity, I'll be golden!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow, that's great! I always feel so wonderful when everything in my house is in order. However, I wish it would stay that way!!!! :)
What does your husband do by the way...