Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Resolution

It's that time of year again where we all feel a bit compelled to make a promise to ourselves to start doing something we know we should be doing or stop doing something we know we shouldn't be doing. It's always very easy to come up with a list of things I'd like to do/not do throughout the year, but not so easy to actually stick to that list. I've been thinking long and hard about what I truly want to accomplish this year, and what I think I'm actually going to be able to accomplish. I can't overwhelm myself with a laundry list of resolutions because I'll fail before I even begin. I've decided to take on just one, but I'm going to make it a good one that will benefit me and my children forever. This year I'm going to tune out the world more so that I am able to live by the laws of the Bible more without struggle. I often feel like it's a fight to live in society today and be a good Christian. The two just don't seem to go hand in hand. I'm certainly not going to become a recluse, but I'm going to, as my dad always says, "keep my own doorstep clean". I'm lucky that I've come to know many wonderful people who have been a blessing and a very positive presence in my life. I think simply knowing some of these wonderful people will help me stick to my commitment. I hope this year God will help me set good examples for my children that will help continue to put them on the right track in life. Pray for me and wish me luck!

No comments: