Thursday, January 22, 2009

When did my life become a Disney movie?

And my children turn into little helpful critters? The other night I noticed the washing machine was full (yes, I'm STILL caught up on laundry....... amazing), but decided I would wait until morning to run it. I also noticed the trash was full, but again decided I would wait until morning since it was very late. The next morning after I took my shower, I went to toss my PJ's in the wash and turn it on, but realized it had already been run. I was completely puzzled and couldn't figure out when I turned it on. For some reason I felt very passionate that morning about not wasting water or soap (really don't know why because in the past I've washed a load 3 times without a second thought because I had let it sit too long), so I decided to empty the trash while I tried to remember when I ran the washer and if I had put soap in or not. Imagine my astonishment when I pulled out the trash can and found it empty with a new bag! Where did the trash go? Now, I KNOW I didn't get up in the middle of the night and take out the trash........ at least I'm pretty sure I didn't...... I was muttering to myself around the kitchen (still debating what to do about that darn load in the washing machine), when Genna heard me and said "oh, I took out the trash while you were in the shower, and ran the washer early this morning when I woke up." I couldn't help but give her a great big hug! Then I went to my room and found Elijah had very neatly made my bed and organized the things on my bedside table. THEN, I asked Bella if she could quickly tidy up the shoe area and she did it quickly and without complaint! Over the past couple days my kids have actually been arguing about who GETS to do which chores. You read that right, who GETS to do them, not who HAS to do them. After a long afternoon at the auto shop, I really needed a warm shower to unwind. I told the kids as soon as I was done in the shower I would make them some juice and popcorn and they could put on a movie. When I got out of the shower, Genna had already made the juice (and made it correctly), Bella had gotten out everything to make popcorn (I make it on the stove so it's safe for Isaac), and Genna and Elijah were once again taking out the trash. (they even got the bathroom trash and took it out too!) I feel like I need to hold an awards ceremony or something for these guys, they are just being awesome! I told them while daddy was gone we were going to need to work together as a team, I guess they really took that to heart. I know that this is hard for them, so it makes me doubly proud that they are all doing their absolute best to help out even though they miss their daddy so much. God has blessed me with a great batch of kiddos!

No comments: