Sunday, January 18, 2009

a little chef in the making perhaps?


Tonight I made home made chicken noodle soup, and I threw in a couple dashes of a few different herbs. I never go heavy on seasoning when I don't have someone here to taste test for me. (I'm a vegetarian, so chicken noodle soup isn't exactly on my menu) As Genna was taking her bowl to the sink she says to me "was that rosemary I tasted?" There was in fact a tiny dash of rosemary in the soup. The fact that she was able to pick out the herbs when there was such a tiny amount completely surprised me, but the fact that she could name the herb shocked me! I very rarely use rosemary, and I really don't discuss the seasonings that I cook with unless the kids are helping and specifically ask. I guess Genna's going to be a foodie.

No comments: